The best overall gift you can get for a gym lover is the Iron Bull 7 MM weight-lifting belt. A good quality belt like this can be used for many exercises and in all gym settings.
The best gifts for gym lovers are:
- Best Overall – Iron Bull Unleash 7 MM Lifting Belt
- Best on a Budget – Tozo T10 Wireless Headphone (38% off)
- Best for Home Gyms – TRX Go Suspension Trainer (10% off)
- Best for Heavy Lifters – Rogue Fitness Wrist Wraps
- Best for Newbies – Rogue Gym Bag
- Best for Crosstrainers – Nike Metcon 8
- Best for Programming Help – Juggernaut AI Subscription
- Best Premium Pick – Theragun Pro
As an avid powerlifter and collegiate strength coach, I’ve tested lifting equipment for years. Let me share what I’ve learned so that you can get the best gift possible for your loved one this year.
Along with consistent training, every item on this list can help lead to great results in the gym.
Table of Contents
1. Best Overall – Iron Bull Strength Unleash 7 MM Lifting Belt
- The belt is made of a quality material that will hold up over time.
- The 2 prong design ensures that your belt will stay safely locked in place.
- The belt is very lightweight.
- Some may see the belt's width and thickness as negative.
A good belt is one of the best gift ideas for lifters of all experience levels. This Iron Bull belt is supportive enough for strong athletes while being extremely lightweight and not taking up much space. The belt is made of great material that will stand the test of time.
One thing that I especially liked about the product is that it is sent in a small zipper bag. The bag could be put in a larger gym bag to keep it separate from your other things, or it could be used to carry and protect your belt if you don’t have other gym items.
2. Best on a Budget – Tozo T10 Wireless Earbuds
- Waterproof and sweatproof
- It lasts 10 hours on 1 charge and comes in many colors
- Require a USB-C cable to charge
A reliable pair of headphones is a great gift for anyone living an active lifestyle. Listening to something during your workouts is very helpful, especially if you get your heart rate up on a stationary bike treadmill or enjoy distance/marathon running. Sometimes, you need external help to keep the intensity of your training high, especially during home workouts.
The Tozo T10 Wireless headphones are the best headphones I have ever owned. Even though they aren’t the most sophisticated gadgets, I prefer them over others, even my Apple AirPods. I often used them to help me go to sleep at night by listening to nature sounds, guided breathing instructions, or meditations.
3. Best for Home Gyms – TRX Go Suspension Trainer
- Versatile and lightweight
- Easy to use
- It can be used anywhere
- Cannot be progressed past bodyweight
The TRX Go Suspension Trainer is high-quality equipment to add to your home gym. Exercises of all kinds can be done on a TRX.
I consider this one of the best fitness gifts because a strong and muscular physique can be developed using this equipment and not much else.
Especially during the pandemic, when many of my clients were stuck training at home, this equipment helped them stay on track. It was essential to continue to strength train and burn additional calories to continue losing body fat.
A close second to the TRX would be adjustable dumbbells; if you can, go to Amazon and get both.
4. Best for Heavy Lifters – Rogue Fitness Wrist Wraps
- Very flexible and versatile
- come in a variety of lengths and color options
- Made of quality material
- Some may prefer a thicker wrist wrap
A quality wrist wrap is a must-have piece of gear for any gym-goer. They can add support while working around an injury or even serve as a preventative measure to reduce the likelihood of an injury occurring in the first place. They add more support, relieve wrist tension, and help the grip be more secure while performing various pressing movements.
I have been using the Rogue Fitness Wrist Wraps for the last year. My pair look brand new and show no signs of breaking down. I switched to Rogue after a cheaper pair from another company broke on me, and I’ve not been disappointed. I plan to keep using mine for years to come.
5. Best for Newbies – Rogue Gym Bag – Black
- It is a very durable bag made with quality material that will last.
- There is plenty of room to put in all the gym essentials. Works great for everyone, from an elite powerlifter to an average gym rat.
- Rogue Fitness is well known as one of the best fitness brands, with great customer service.
- There is only one small pocket on the outside of the gym bag.
There is plenty of room to fit all of the necessary equipment. I typically carry a belt, weightlifting shoes, deadlift slippers, knee sleeves, knee wraps, foam roller, water bottle, protein powder, and a few other random items, and this bag can fit them all.
There has been a fad lately to use a fanny pack, but that won’t get the job done. The bag is very simple but very good quality. Rogue has a great reputation for being top-of-the-line; this bag is no exception.
If you want a cheaper bag, but still solid quality, check out the Adidas black duffel bag.
6. Best for Crosstrainers – Nike Metcon 8
- Made with durable material
- Breathable, lightweight mesh
- It comes with a removable heel insert
- Some may find them to be slightly unstable to certain lifts.
Nike Metcon 8s are my favorite Nike lifting shoes and are a major go-to shoe for people who enjoy running hard and lifting weights. While they are great shoes to cross-train in or for CrossFit, I know many runners who love them solely as running shoes and lifters who wear them as their preferred shoes to lift in.
They provide comfort and support while being flexible and allowing your feet to move. They also allow adequate stability while performing heaving movements like squats and deadlifts. A nice feature they include is a removable heel insert that you can use to allow for better stability at the foot and ankle while squatting.
See the best lifting and running shoes for another great Christmas gift option for your loved one.
7. Best for Programming – Juggernaut AI Subscription
- Individualized programming based on your goals
- Adjusts based on your feedback and progress
- Easy to use
- Currently, only for powerlifting goals
Knowing what to do with your programming can be very difficult. Hiring an experienced coach or personal trainer is an option, but it can be expensive.
Juggernaut Training Systems and its founder, Chad Wesley Smith, have created a unique app that adjusts your training based on your feedback, goals, and preferences. It will also take your equipment into account. When appropriate, the app can adjust your equipment access, including dumbbell and kettlebell training.
Many people purchase training templates or programs to follow. You can certainly be successful in doing that, but you may need something more individualized. This app is an affordable option that is a step above buying a training template.
Want to increase your powerlifting education with a National level powerlifting coach? Check out the details of our Pursuit of Strength course.
8. Best Premium Pick – Theragun Pro
- Comfortable handle and sleek design
- Deeper massage than most competitors
- Battery life of around 5 hours.
- Very expensive
This massager has a unique design and is easy and comfortable to hold. It is very quiet because of the battery’s QuietForce Technology, which reduces noise by up to 55%.
This massage gun has several attachments, including a supersoft, dampener, ball, wedge, thumb, and cone. The attachments are very soft compared to other brands to increase comfort. The Theragun also works at a higher amplitude than other guns, so its vibrations reach deeper into the muscle tissue to help sore muscles recover.
If you think a cheaper model would work, check out the AERLANG Massage Gun. Another PLT writer has used this model and recommended it with other gifts for personal trainers. Or check out more massage gun options that would make any recipient happy.